Two Founding Members Of The International Academy of Attorneys for Divorce over 50 Compile Their List!
Attorney Mark Chinn of Jacksonville, Mississippi, caught my attention with a divorce post to his family law blog about some items that are frequently forgotten in many divorce agreements. Mark is the author of three American Bar Association books about family law issues and is a frequent writer and lecturer in the field of family law. In addition to these accomplishments, we are both founding members of the International Academy of Attorneys for Divorce over 50, established in 2010.
The first eleven in the divorce list were Mark’s, the rest were some that I have added.
- Garage door openers
- Gate remote controls
- Extra keys to car and house
- Security codes
- Hotel credit card and airline points
- Utility and other deposits
- Tax and insurance escrows
- Car tag credits
- Overdrafts on joint checking accounts
- Dates to carry through insurance coverages
- Attorney’s fees paid with joint funds
- Real estate escrow account refunds
- Important days not addressed in the Court’s Parenting Time Order
- Season ticket rights
- Country club membership and club access
- Storage unit details
- Dividing and copying family photos
- Copying documents, pictures and files from the family computer
- Providing change of address notification to Bureau of Motor Vehicles, support enforcement agency, credit cards, magazines, post office, etc.
- Cell phone account restructuring
- Review of auto insurance coverage
- Close joint credit cards
- Update estate planning documents and review beneficiary information
- Stock options
- Future health insurance coverage and costs
I may add to this divorce list from time to time. Please let me know if you have suggestion to include!
© 2013, Ohio Family Law Blog. All rights reserved. This feed is for personal, non-commercial use only. The use of this feed on other websites breaches copyright. If this content is not in your news reader, it makes the page you are viewing an infringement of the copyright.
Robert L. Mues
Robert Mues is the managing partner of Dayton, Ohio, law firm, Holzfaster, Cecil, McKnight & Mues, and has received the highest rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability. Mr. Mues is also a founding member of the "International Academy of Attorneys for Divorce over 50" blog.